Near-zero downtime migration for IBM i
Real-time replication and expert services make migration easy
MIMIX Move uses the powerful replication technology in Vision Solutions' high availability and disaster recovery products for IBM i to simplify migrations, mitigate risks and minimise downtime. Combined with the expertise of migration specialists from Vision Solutions or one of its business partners, you achieve a reliable migration that can be performed during regular business hours without putting an extra burden on your IT department or impacting your business operations.
MIMIX Move enables migrations between physical, virtual and cloud environments and between different storage, hardware models and operating system versions. Because the solution supports remote replication, you can also use it for a wide range of migration needs across any distance – including server modernisation, data centre consolidation, storage reorganisation and more.
- Minimises migration downtime by replicating your original server to the new server while users remain online and productive
- Mitigates migration risks by keeping servers in sync while the new server is validated
- Reduces the burden on your internal IT department by relying on experienced migration experts to lead you through planning, installation, migration, testing and cutover to the new server
- Reduces IT overtime costs and avoids employee dissatisfaction by performing migration during business hours and scheduling the cutover when the time is right
- Enables server reorganisation and modernisation to physical, virtual, cloud and mixed platforms with different hardware, storage or OS versions
After the initial replica is created using a method that meets your uptime parameters, MIMIX Move replicates changes on the original server to the new server in real time – and continues to do so until the cutover is complete. The replication takes place while users remain online and productive. Just a few minutes are required to perform the cutover.
- Keep your business applications running during replication with only a few minutes of downtime during cutover to the new server
- Reduce downtime costs to minutes, compared to hours or days using traditional migration techniques
- Protect employee productivity, customer satisfaction and partner relationships by keeping systems online throughout the migration
The combination of advanced replication and failover technology with migration expertise minimises the risks normally associated with migrations.
- Mirrors data, user profiles, authorities, data areas, data queues, IFS files, programs, spool files and all other objects needed for a successful IBM i upgrade or migration
- Real-time replication keeps systems in sync during migration testing
- Automation and best practices reduce the chance of human error
- Robust audit technology ensures migration accuracy by continuously verifying the integrity of replicated data
- Return to the original production server without data loss in the event of unforeseeable migration issues
- Proven, in-depth migration expertise ensures that migrations are performed accurately and efficiently
MIMIX Move uses Vision Solutions' powerful replication and failover technology to automate most migration tasks. Migration experts ensure a successful migration by conducting planning, installation and configuration, replication and auditing, and migration cutover.
- Enables migration to the new server during regular work hours
- Keeps servers in sync until it is convenient to schedule the cutover
- Reduces IT overtime costs and employee frustration
- Reduces manual workload
- Enforces industry best practices
- Speeds the cutover to the new system
- Reduces the overall elapsed time required to complete the migration
- Minimise your IT department's migration workload so that they can focus on keeping business operations running smoothly
- Provide support for accurate, productive migrations from start to finish
MIMIX Move can migrate between sources and targets that use different Power Systems models, storage hardware and operating system versions, making upgrades easy and eliminating vendor lock-in.
- Perform migrations between any combination of physical, virtual and cloud platforms
- Migrate between different versions of IBM i and/or different Power Systems models
- Migrate between storage solutions from different vendors
- Move operations to a new data centre with minimal downtime
- Consolidate servers with many-to-one migrations
MIMIX Move uses the optimised real-time and asynchronous replication found in any of Vision Solutions' HA/DR products for IBM i. Expert migration specialists from Vision Solutions or one of its business partners ensure a smooth migration. These experts can help you plan, select the technology that best meets your needs, and implement your migration all the way through testing and cutover.
- An initial replica of the production server is created as determined by your uptime requirements
- Changes to the production server are continuously replicated to the new server in real time until you are ready to cutover and shut down the production server
- Business operations can continue without stopping throughout the entire replication and testing process
- Take as long as necessary to verify readiness of the new server
- If there is an unexpected problem, you can abandon the cutover at any time and return to the production server
- Cutover downtime is reduced to just a few minutes